Panel Competition 2017
Do you want to go to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe for free?
Think you could handle more than 100 hours of comedy in two weeks?
Then you may have what it takes to be an Edinburgh Comedy Award Panellist.
We are offering you the chance to join the judging panel for the Edinburgh Comedy Awards, Britain’s most important prize for comedy. You will be deciding both the most outstanding original comedy act and the best newcomer comedy act at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. The winners and the nominees go on to showcase their work at the Edinburgh Comedy Award Shows in London’s West End at the Lyric Theatre.
You need to be a regular visitor to live comedy and have bags of energy. You will be expected to see six shows a day; you’ll be feeding back your opinions of what you’ve seen and contributing to official panel meetings and the process of finding the winners.
Sam Haslam, one of our 2016 public panellists says of his experience:
"As a comedy fan, sitting on the panel was the ultimate way to experience everything the Fringe has to offer. It's an intense experience which will immerse you in the comedy world, and give you the chance to see and discuss more comedy than you thought was possible with industry experts. If you enjoy comedy in all shapes and sizes and you don't mind a spot of rain, you will not regret applying’"
So show us your credentials. We are looking for real punters who know and care about comedy.
The winner must be available to stay in Edinburgh from 9 - 27 August
In return, the Edinburgh Comedy Awards will provide you with accommodation, travel, show tickets and invitations to the best parties in town!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Tell us in approx 350 words why you are the best candidate.
2. Write three short reviews of your three favourite live comedy acts.
3. Entries must reach us by 12 May 2017 at 12pm. If you are shortlisted, you will be required to attend an informal interview in London on 31 May or 1 June. Travel expenses will be reimbursed. Send your entry to email@example.com, or Edinburgh Comedy Awards Panellist, 1st Floor, 44 Maiden Lane, London, WC2E 7LN.
4. The winners will be announced at the end of June.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entrants must be 18 or over and resident in the UK.
2. Entrants must be available full time and able to reside in Edinburgh from 9 – 27 August.
3. The competition is not open to employees of the Festival Fringe Society or anyone connected professionally with the comedy business.
4. The prize is a position on the Edinburgh Comedy Awards judging panel for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2017. The winner must attend approximately six shows a day, possibly more, and provide short reviews for all shows attended.
5. Only one entry per person.
6. The winners will be chosen by the award director Nica Burns and the decision is final.
7. The prize is nontransferable. There will be no cash prize.
8. No responsibility will be taken for entries lost, delayed or incomplete.
9. All costs incurred by the winners other than travel and accommodation are at the winner’s expense.