The Edinburgh Comedy Awards are seeking an Assistant Award Administrator to join their team for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2018. The Edinburgh Comedy Awards is the largest and most prestigious live comedy award in the UK. There were over 650 eligible shows for the awards in 2017 and with 2018 set to be a bigger and even more exciting festival.
We are seeking an enthusiastic comedy fan to join our team. The role is demanding but exciting and varied as you will be involved in every aspect of the awards from behind the scenes to the high-profile events held throughout the festival. We require you to be totally committed and unfailingly enthusiastic and promise a lot of fun in return.
Please see the full job description; to apply send a CV and Covering Letter to: email@example.com
Title: Assistant Award Administrator
Reports to: Producer & Awards Administrator
Dates: Wednesday 1 August – Monday 27 August 2018
To provide administrative and practical support to the Comedy Awards Team throughout the duration of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. This will include regular daily office-based responsibilities as well as running errands around venues and accommodation where necessary.
• Collecting daily newspapers.
• Organising and collating relevant press cuttings for Festival Comedy and Theatre.
• Compiling a daily email report for the attention of the Awards Team, summarising Comedy and Theatre reviews, Comedy Awards articles and relevant Festival news.
• Booking Panellist tickets with press offices as instructed by the Assistant Producer.
• Organising ticket payments directly with venues where necessary.
• Collecting tickets from venues where necessary.
• Assisting with the set-up of all Awards events during the Festival.
• Assisting with the set-up of Panel meetings during the Festival.
• Coordinating all arrival and departures of panellists and scouts.
• Front of house duties at Awards events during the Festival.
• Organising tickets for members of the Awards Team as instructed.
• Technical assistance at the Awards Presentation.
This list of responsibilities above is not exhaustive and the employee will need to perform duties outside of this as operationally required and at the discretion of their line manager.
Please note that we are a dog-friendly office!
Deadline: Friday 1st June.