Do you want to go to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe for free?
Think you could handle more than 100 hours of comedy in two weeks?
Then you may have what it takes to be a Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Award Panellist.
We are offering you the chance to join the judging panel for the Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Awards, Britain's most important prize for comedy. You will be deciding both the most outstanding original comedy act and the best newcomer comedy act at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. The winners and the nominees go on to showcase their work at the Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Award Shows in London's West End at the Soho Theatre.
You need to be a regular visitor to live comedy and have bags of energy. You will be expected to see six shows a day; and you'll be feeding back your opinions of what you've seen, contributing to official panel meetings and the process of finding the winners.
Patrick Nicholls, one of our 2015 public panellists says of his experience:
"A completely unique experience to not only see a huge number of shows across the Fringe, but a massive honour to be part of the process to determine the best ones. Of the trips I've had to the Fringe, this was by far the most rewarding, enjoyable and unforgettable. If you're a comedy fan, you would be a fool to not enter this competition."
So show us your credentials. We are looking for real punters who know and care about comedy.
The winner must be available to stay in Edinburgh from 12 – 29 August
In return, the Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Awards will provide you with accommodation, travel, show tickets and invitations to the best parties in town!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Tell us in approx 350 words why you are the best candidate.
2. Write three short reviews of your three favourite live comedy acts.
3. Entries must reach us by 6 May 2015. If you are shortlisted, you will be required to attend an informal interview in London on either 2 or 3 June 2015 (subject to change).Travel expenses will be reimbursed. Send your entry to email@example.com, or Edinburgh Comedy Awards Panellist, 11 Maiden Lane, London. WC2E 7NA.
4. The winners will be announced at the end of June.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entrants must be 18 or over and resident in the UK.
2. Entrants must be available full time and able to reside in Edinburgh from 12 – 29 August.
3. The competition is not open to employees of the Festival Fringe Society or anyone connected professionally with the comedy business.
4. The prize is a position on the Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Awards judging panel for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2015. The winner must attend approximately six shows a day, possibly more, and provide short reviews for all shows attended.
5. Only one entry per person.
6. The winners will be chosen by the award director Nica Burns and the decision is final.
7. The prize is nontransferable. There will be no cash prize.
8. No responsibility will be taken for entries lost, delayed or incomplete.
9. All costs incurred by the winners other than travel and accommodation are at the winner's expense.